Sunday, November 16, 2008

Foibles

Last year, my friend's daughter was part of a video project in which she taped people talking about their strange little habits. I wondering if any of you out there in blogland have any you would like to share?

Here are some of mine: all the coffee cup handles in my cupboard have to point to the right, I have to make my bed so that I lie in between the bright side of the pattern on the sheets, and I count everything in increments of 12 (the number of seconds I curl my eyelashes, stairs, sidewalk squares, M&M's [which I also eat by color]).

5 comments:

Grumpy Guy said...

Towels are folded according to precise U.S. Navy regulations. Clean towels are placed on the bottom of the stack, those to be used from the top. Colors alternate, with lighter colors on the left stack and darker ones on the right...

Eva said...

Oh! I also do eat M&Ms per colour, leaving the blue ones till the end... I also have a very set way of loading the dishwasher and I've started making a list of things to do and which order to do them for my husband while I'll be nonoperational after giving birth. And I also colour code my towels with the lighter ones at the top and then getting darker as we move down the pile. The world could really come to an end if these measures weren't strictly followed...

Grumpy Guy said...

The is a hilarious memoir called Devil In The Details by Jennifer Traig anyone who does this kind of stuff should read.

Beverly Hamilton Wenham said...

I have to unwrap an ice cream sandwich all the way first. Then lick around all the edges. Then nibbles around all the edges. Then pop it in my mouth. Needless to say I will not be eating this in front of the Queen.

pulpexploder said...

The formatting on my programming code is the mark of either a programming genius or a very sick mind. Actually, probably just that second one.

Also, I cannot allow any amount of saliva to accumulate in my mouth, so I'm constantly swallowing saliva every minute throughout the day. Freud would probably have a heyday with that one.